Friday, February 6, 2009

Such an exciting week for a shopaholic....but recessionista style


Shopaholic hits the theaters next Friday......I have read the entire Shopaholic series written by Sophie Kinsella and have enjoyed every moment. I can totally relate to the protaganist,as she has a ridiculous addiction/affinity for shopping. Unfortunately, in these times, many of us fashionistas have had to become recessionistas. How I long for a trip to the mall with alot of cash and a credit card without a balance but that isn't happening anytime soon. Business sucks right now and I hope that the stimulus package will start stimulating some economic activity for all of us because I want some new shoes!

I have always been a fashionista, raised by parents in the fashion industry. About a year ago, someone submitted me as a subject for our local paper's weekly commentary on people and their fashion idiosyncracies. About 2 weeks ago, I was contacted by a writer who wanted to interview me for a story. The photographer came out and snapped some photos of me, Mr. Big, my closet and my sacred collection of shoes and handbags. It will be appearing in the paper in the near future. For those of you who are hooked up with me through Facebook, you can see the link and all of the pics on my wall. As a recessionista, the only shopping I can do is right in my closet.



2 comments:

Tuesday Taylor said...

AC,
You must post the link to this article when it's published! Can't wait!

Atlanta Cougar said...

Scandy- Posted a response on your blog. I am going unshopping today----to return a really nice shirt I can't afford. But it would be nice to wear to your wine and cheese. For me it is more like "Whine" and "Cheeze Whiz"