Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Once in a Lifetime Opportunity....Telling Off the Worst Boss You Ever Had!!!



This is one of those opportunities you wait for your whole life and generally the opportunity does not present itself. Back in the days when I practiced law full time at a large Atlanta law factory firm, I had a boss from hell. He was a partner who enjoyed terrorizing the new associates and found joy and pleasure in giving you impossible workloads involving overnighters and generally treating you like shit. He was verbally abusive and somehow must be related to Hitler. He was a legend, unanimously hated by all of the associates. He looked like one of the flying monkeys on The Wizard of Oz. I worked in the same office with this jerk for a year and was elated to transfer to another office.

I always told myself that if I ever ran into this jerk, I would tell him off. I am older now, self-confident and basically don't give a shit what he thinks of me. Well, I waited 17 years but the opportunity presented itself a few weeks ago at Chastain Park. I spotted him sitting about 3 tables away and he apparently gained a good 100 pounds and looked like a blown up flying monkey. After I had a few glasses of wine and he walked right behind me with a young woman whom I later discovered was his daughter, I tapped him on the shoulder and asked "Aren't you TM?" to which he responded "yes". I should have told him I couldn't believe how much weight he had gained but instead went right for " I worked for you at the law factory and you are the worst boss Ihave ever had.....you were mean, nasty and cruel to all of the associates". I went on to give him specifics and his daughter apologized profusely for him and said that he had changed. He is no longer with the law factory and as a hard head egomaniac, my insults did not phase him. His daughter even tried to set me up with him and he asked for my card!! The nerve!

I was so proud to have gotten this opportunity after all of those years....it is a once in a lifetime experience to be able to do something like this. I have some others on the list and I hope to run into these individuals one day. I hope you have yours!

2 comments:

A Dating Diary said...

Thats awesome!!!

I hope I can someday have the same story to tell!

A Dating Diary said...

Where is a vegas entry??? I wanna hear how it went!