Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Don't Cry for Me Argentina Wrap Up

Photobucket Album

I had the most fabulous time in Buenos Aires! We left Atlanta on Wednesday night and arrived in BA on Thanksgiving morning. The time is 3 hours ahead in BA and it is summer there...about 85 degrees and humid. We checked into our hotel "Hollywood Suites and Lofts" www.hollywoodsuitesba.com.ar . We had a great loft with a living room, flat screen, wifi and full kitchen downstairs and bath and beds upstairs. Breakfast was delivered to our room daily. If you travel to BA, I highly recommend this hotel in the trendy Palermo Hollywood neighborhood which is filled with good bars and restaurants. We hit the ground running and went shopping. BA has great deals on cashmere sweaters and I did my part to help the economy. BA is also known for great deals in leather goods. I bought 3 beautiful leather jackets and some beautiful shoes.

Shopping worked up our appetites and we had our first delish meal which included great wine, filet mignon, salads and side veggies. In BA you cannot order wine by the glass....only by the bottle and the malbecs are fabulous. After a late lunch we stopped at a wine store and brought several bottles for wine tasting. We sat by the rooftop pool in our hotel and watched the sunset.

Everyone in BA eats a late dinner....after 11pm and we hit another restaurant for a light dinner and more wine. We ate some of the best pizza I have ever eaten.

The next few days involved more eating and shopping and drinking and man watching and going to some street fairs. The men in BA are super hot...the epitome of tall, dark hair and handsome. The value of the dollar to the peso is still strong so even the best dinner including a good bottle of wine is only $30 per person.

I can't wait to get back to BA. It is definitely the Paris of South America. The buildings, statues and monuments are just magnificent. I can only imagine what it was like in the days of Evita!

2 comments:

Wine and Cheese Blog said...

Oh my goodness! I am so out of date on my blog reading! I'm so glad you had fun! I must make a note to take a vacation and visit BA ASAP!

Atlanta Cougar said...

You would absolutely love BA! If you decide to go, check out the expedia last minute deals. I will give you the scoop about the restaurants, hotel and shopping.