Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Can't Walk and Chew Gum at the Same Time


What a metaphor! But it sums up my frame of mind these days. I have blogged about this issue in the past and can't seem to liberate myself. You see, in this shitty economy, that of soaring gas prices and subprime mortgages, my business sucks the big one. Being a small business owner is like riding a rollercoaster.........high highs and lower lows. The last time I hit the bottom of the ride was in 2002. I slowly rode back to the pinnacle. 2007 was a great year and honestly, I didn't see this one coming.


Okay, okay, let me get to the point. I am normally the consummate multitasker. I can usually win a gold medal for walking and chewing gum at the same time. However, when I am stressed out 24/7 over business , paying the mortgage , insurance and payroll, my social life is in the crapper. I just don't have my usual get up and go to get out there and date and make small talk. I'd rather stay home with Coco and watch guilty pleasure television and drink a few glasses of Norton Malbec. No, you don't have to schedule a benefit in my honor after the Jerry Lewis telethon as I do go out with my friends to concerts, drinks and dinner but just don't feel like meeting new men. I just don't have the patience to go through the motions. So I have come to the conclusion that "bad economy" and "dating" are mutually exclusive terms for me. And I am blaming George Bush, who will go down as the worst president in history, for this handicap. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Georgie Boy.

No comments: